Thursday, January 23, 2014

Blue Apple Thing

Mr. Burge, you want our blog post to be about something in your class. I didn't want to write about something in the class, in fact my last blog post had been mulling over in my head for a week or so. But here I am fulfilling an obligation I wish I didn't have to. Just when I think that I want to write about myself, I have a great prompt or idea for a blog involving your class and vice versa. Well I'm deviating yet again.

At the start of the year I became really interested in reading books about writing and gaining knowledge and skill that I can help to improve my own writing. So far each of the three books I have read have been amazing. Especially the last book I read by Natalie Goldberg touched my heart in so many places that I desperately longed to buy it. The silly thing is: she is a poet.

A lot of students either hate or love poetry. I'm on the fence. I like poems that have hidden meanings that I can get easily. I'm not starting to hate poetry, as we have read more and more poetry; my opinion has stayed the same. Some poems are good, and others should be stabbed and destroyed. I think I hate the questions though. They make me feel like I'm reading the poem the wrong way or I'm not diving in deep enough. If they disappear and we just start talking about them more, I think that more people would like poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment