Sunday, April 26, 2015

Eww! A blip!!

     For the past year I have been obsessing over a moment. I've spent my time and energy thinking and obsessing over a blip on the timeline of my life. It's stupid and I know it, but I couldn't help it. Focusing on that blip was easier that residing in reality and focusing on the things I didn't want to. That blip was something I spent time and energy over hoping it would turn into something. It didn't.
     Sometimes I think people get caught up too much in an attempt at predicting the future. Something incredible happens in their life and they wonder if it's going to turn into something more. They wish and hope and devote their time to trying to make it turn into something. Then later, like me they get disappointed when it doesn't. There are times in our lives when moments are simply moments. They happen and they are great. We want them to last forever and grow into this beautiful thing. But after a while, the lucky ones realize that some moments are simply building blocks for a more beautiful future.
     I won't forget my blip. It was an experience that has helped me in my writing, in the way I viewed myself, and the way I viewed others. At the same time it was inspiring and depressing, yet I'm deciding to let it go. My future is going to be open to new possibilities, and new experiences. Thank you for my blip and for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment