Monday, July 27, 2015

Post 35: Chin Chin

Today my grandmother told me I was beginning to look like I had a double chin. Although I had seen that in the mirror a few times, it still hurt. I love my grandmother, and she's completely sweet and caring but for awhile she's been after me about my weight. At almost 200 pounds it sucks. I don't do anything but complain when I know I could be so much better than what I am now. I have potential. I also have small wrists and ankles and a history of being a small baby. Those facts make me believe that God is trying to tell me to be smaller than I am. It's stupid but as soon as my grandma mentioned it, I tried to change the subject and tried to change my insecurities. I know a lot of other people hide from their problems, but I don't want to be like the turtle my cousin and sister found: being drug by other people through life. I am taking control of the things I can change and focusing on my own goals. Positive thinking will help me beat my insecurities and the obvious will help me face my current foe: the double chin.

No comments:

Post a Comment