Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Past...The Present...The Future

I saw you yesterday at the place where it all started. The place where our two souls connected. I am uncertain as to how our two separate beings met and ultimately became one, but amazed that they did. You were my first, my only, the one I had wanted unlike anything else before, and finally had. The excitement you gave me was unlike anything else I had ever experienced. I was yours and you were mine, amid all of your friends and mine. Time passed and things were great. Everything we had, came crashing down with the words: I'm sorry. What were you sorry for? You refused to tell me, so I assumed the worst. We were together.

Mr. President, you are smart. Your brain is hardwired for academics. You are the go to person when I need help. With your work ethic, you not only push yourself, you push me to do better and be better. Words are sacred to you and no tainted language flows from your lips. Your kin requests my presence but the mere mention of it brings red into your cheeks. This makes me question your wants, and needs. What are we? Friends or more... We aren't together.

We argue. A lot. You represent everything I was taught. Strong, opinionated, and passionate reflect your personality. I see so much talent in you that you deny. How can you do such a thing? I wonder if you notice me staring at the back of your head imaging how good we could be together. I have seen you in many others, but most importantly in the mold of a man I was taught to love. You are a challenge I would like to embrace. Are you willing? I wonder if you even know about this. We aren't together.

We are opposite sides of the spectrum. If I'm quiet, you are loud. The things I talk about you've never heard of before. When we talk it is as if we speak different languages. Is it enough? They say opposites attract but can that work if there is nothing in common. You're too brave for me. You stand out in a crowd and I blend in. I'm glad that you talked to me and got me out of my shell but am I too much of a hassle for you? I feel dragged along and sometimes disappear and feel that you won't and don't notice. You know how I feel about you but I only have an inkling of how you feel. Do you want to be together? If you'd please tell me, it would make me feel secure at least. We aren't together.

There he stands at the end of the aisle. Him in black, me in white. Both of us meeting here for different but similar reasons. His friends sit on the right, mine on the left. All he is waiting for is a promise from me to be his forever. The life after this moment I have imagined for quite a long time, but this moment is terrifying. No longer me but we. Life is a novel with the end ripped out and I'm still reading. I'm not sure when I will get to this point or if you will be the man waiting for me; I only hope that it happens one day. The question is: who are you, and when will we meet? One fact I know for certain. We will be together forever.

Sinspiration:
Was I the Only One?
Because You Live
Invisible
Quit Playing Games With My Heart
I Swear

No comments:

Post a Comment