Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Should I Have Said Something?

When I like someone I start off slow, pick up the gradual speed and intensity and then decide I don't like them and slowly back away with an additional feeling of disappointment mixed in. The same is true for a few of the guys I've liked recently. 

I was all ready to date a guy I liked 3 months ago; I could imagine how we would spend the weekends and how we would show each other off to our friends. Then as the months passed, my liking grew until I found any reason to spend time with him. The more time I spent with him the more I wanted to spend more and more time with him. Then we had a moment. It was a grand moment that I can add to my "first time this has happened" list. It was awesome. The more I thought about it, the more I smiled. But I backed away a little so he would know that I am not clingy. Apparently that enabled someone to step into my shoes. 

As I stepped out, she stepped in. One of my closest friends took my place which never may have been mine in the first place. She was beautiful and thin and it was easy to see why any guy would fall for her, but she had a boyfriend! Seriously not ok no matter where you stand. It irked me the wrong way when I saw them together. She asked how I felt, and I lied in hopes that she wouldn't think badly of me. 

Because of my omission it seemed that he wanted to hang out with her more and more with her. I had liked him in the first place and now he couldn't keep his hands off of her. It crushed everything that I had put into what we had. As it continued on they hung out more and more and I left because I didn't want to deal with it. I didn't want to tell her how I felt or him for that matter. 

Should I have told her? 
Should I have told him?

Everyone told me to tell a guy when I liked him but it never seemed opportune and I didn't want to ruin what was there. Probably nothing. He still doesn't know that I liked him. They still hang out a lot. It still hurts me. I'm still single.

Confessions from an avid chick flick watcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment