Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Post 69: Rumors

Why are the people who are being talked about the last to know? On Wednesday, a coworker of mine asked me out to dinner. I don't have any romantic interest in this individual  and I really didn't want to, but I like peace in the workplace. Everything was fine until he said something at work. I was fine dealing with his advances and subtly cuing into the fact that I didn't reciprocate them. Two years ago at my work I had a similar experience with a coworker. He asked me out and I said yes even though I didn't like him. I don't do well with work romantic relationships. I have a very high standard of professionalism in the workplace and I don't like airing my personal life for others to see. I'm fine commenting and listening to other's problems, but I don't like it when people know mine. To me, it is a sign of weakness.

My boss approached me and asked about the rumor spreading throughout my work. His advice to me was to be careful, and that I was part of his core group. My coworker hadn't made it into his core group yet. He also told me that he protects his core group like a dad. I love my boss's loyalty, and am so thankful to be surrounded by people that care about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment