Thursday, August 13, 2015

Post 74: Close Call

Sometimes I think that I won't be good at anything. I'll sit deep in thought and wonder what I'm supposed to do with my life. I'll fixate on something and decide that is what I'm going to do, but then balk at the first sign of doubt. I doubt myself way too much. I tell myself that I will be horrible at something and because of it I don't try. I almost didn't write this post because I told myself that I couldn't do it. Whatever I wrote was going to be stupid and dumb and something nobody wanted to read. I wish I had told my subconscious something witty but I just told it to shut up and started writing. I need to be more firm with that part of myself. Who put insecure me in a corner? Oh, that would be it's assertive counterpart: ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment