Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Post 71: The Charm of Monotony

Cheryl lived a regular life. She worked for a small publishing company where nothing bothered her. She worked by herself most days, lived by herself and kept mostly to herself. She lived a life of monotony where she stayed the same person, never growing, never changing. For the past few days I've felt like Cheryl. I'm afraid of a lot of things. I'm scared of the future because I can't control it. I'm afraid of what and who I'll become. I'm afraid of missing out on life's greatest adventures but afraid to do it. I'm afraid of moving too fast, of telling the truth, ending up alone, dying, being wrong, wasting time, choosing the wrong path, not fitting in, losing in life. It's so uncertain. I can't figure out how to spend my life. I want an instruction manual on how to do life right.

No comments:

Post a Comment