Thursday, June 11, 2015

Post 13: It Happened!

     For a long time I have wanted to experience the runner's high. Where you push yourself hard and don't feel like you're working out anymore. I tried running. It didn't work. Let's just say that girls like me shouldn't run. We are built more for activities like swimming or dancing. Anyway, tonight I finally felt it, or something like it.
     One of my best friends and I have been going to Zumba together. I love dancing, and my family doesn't. I like shaking my stuff to great songs, and I won't lie, I Wanna Dance With Somebody was written for me. Anyway, Zumba is exhilarating. The first half hour I fell like shit and I wonder when the torture will stop. Once the second half started, the time passed faster than I had ever anticipated. I started having fun with it and singing along to the songs we dance to. It was fun. The old cheerleader part of me took over and I started counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. After I stopped worrying about getting the dance absolutely right it was easier. Plus I ended the class smiling. Is that supposed to happen? I don't know but it was great. I'm really thrilled that my friend pushed me to do this. It may turn my face as red as a raspberry, and make me feel super white, but I love it. I found my "thing" now I don't have to get high on life, I can get high on Zumba.

No comments:

Post a Comment