Thursday, June 4, 2015

Post 8: Dear Ones

     I just posted my gratitude to my best friend, but I feel compelled to speak tonight about Kelsi and Richard. Kelsi was the daughter of my mother's friend.  In her 20's she in a hit and run accident and died on scene. It's unfortunate that you had to leave us that way. I didn't speak to you much but you carried yourself with such grace and confidence that I looked up to you. Your family obviously loved you and I know that they will miss you as long as they are alive.
     Richard was a neighbor and friend to my grandma. They were close in age and he had several stories to share. I also didn't speak to you much, but I know that my grandma really enjoyed your visits. It was nice for her to have a friend so close. I know she is going to miss you. She'll be in pain for a while. You were one of the last of her friends still alive.
     My mother is distraught tonight. I think she's worried that she could lose one of her children, or the fact that her friend lost her daughter. It's not supposed to go like that. Parents are supposed to be buried by their children, not the other way around. My mother says that death comes in threes and warned my sister and me to be careful. Death is a part of life but it's terrifying. I hope that everyone remains safe and sound and alive. For those that have already left us, I hope your journey home is calm and worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment