Friday, June 19, 2015

Post 18: Aunt Awesome

Tonight I witnessed a spectacle. It was my cousin's graduation party! It should have been an exciting event where family could mingle with her friends and we could all be there to celebrate her. Unfortunately I couldn't stay very long, but I got to stay long enough to have to go into protective family mode. 
         Trouble was his name. He walked in with a big bouquet of flowers for my aunt and a card for my cousin. My cousin's ex knew how to enter a room. He snuck his way right next to her while her current boyfriend sat there people away. Her friends joked about it but I saw the look in Jake's eyes as his smile went from 60 to 0 in 3 seconds. It wasn't enough that Lane was attractive, he knew it too. That and the ease with which he walked in caught my eye. My cousin Colette hid her face in shame as her mother showed off Lane to anyone who walked in the room. Did Colette's mother acknowledge or brag about Jake? Absolutely not. What happened was completely wrong especially because Lane had dumped my cousin and hard. 
          In my mind, he shouldn't have been invited. Hell, in most cases where parents are considerate about their children's feelings this wouldn't have happened. But my aunt isn't that person. She's a money hungry person who has outlandish standards and expects to run her children's lives for as long as she's alive. I understand that it's part of her culture, but things like that aren't done in my family. Unless she's behind them. Ok, back to the present. 
          The camera rolls as Lane is being shown off like a prized pug and Colette hides her face in shame. My aunt calls for me to meet Lane. I'm infuriated with the fact that my aunt is torturing Colette again. I'm gonna meet Lane all right. 
         I walk straight up to the table and sit my assertive butt down in the chair right next to him. He's eating, but the loyal person I am I don't care. I shove my hand right in his face and introduce myself. His conversation skills were alright and I felt confident as a Capricorn as I talked to him. I didn't care what I Said to him but I am certain I left him with the impression that him being at the party was improper. I was told he left a few minutes after I did. 
        So, I would like to thank my Incredible Aunt for the opportunity to be a complete bitch to somebody. The experience was thoroughly enjoyable. That's what happens in my family. We stick our reputations out for one another because we care. I just wish my aunt would care more about Colette than she does about herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment